Tuesday 18 August 2009

Burning my dread (again)



Bit of a surprise announcement today, Persona 3 is being ported to the PSP, with the imaginative title of Persona 3 Portable. So far, little is known. It seems to allow you to play with a female lead character this time, or that's the assumption, as she's accompanied by a female version of the original lead character's persona. It's also apparently going to have the battle system from Persona 4, which is a nice addition as that gave you the ability to directly control your team, rather than hoping they did something you needed them to do. It's also out in November! So they wasted no time.

It does make me wonder though. Persona 1 has received an enhanced port to the PSP, Persona 3 is due out on the PSP soon, but there's been no news at all of Persona 2 being ported to it, when something like that would make sense. But as Persona 2 was a two parter, maybe they have something special planned for that. Plus! I've got to wonder if Persona 4 will be receiving the portable treatment. Not only that, maybe it gives hints as to what platform Persona 5 will be appearing on. Finally, I never thought I'd type "persona" so much in one paragraph.

Despite not knowing exactly how this deal with the new character will work, and having not seen any screenshots at all, I'm already sold on this. I mean, honestly, I'm not the sort of person who is able to turn down the prospect of slightly altered cutscenes in a game I've played through multiple times already. I know I've said it before, but I'm sure I choose the wrong hobbies sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment