Saturday 13 March 2010

Blogging about frontlogging

Last time I made an update, which was actually longer ago than I intended it to be, I talked about having to deal with a backlog. This time, I'll be talking about a frontlog! An esteemed friend of mine came up with the term. As a backlog is a collection of things you own and intend to complete, then a frontlog is essentially the same, with the only and important difference being that you don't own them yet. And you know what? I actually have one of those too. Although, for the sake of not writing this update forever, I'm going to only feature a sample.



Bayonetta

It irks me no end that I'm yet to play this. I'd been looking forward to it for some time, but due to circumstance, I've not been able to play it. My main reason has become one of intrigue, though. From the people I know who have played it, there seems to be an even split. The detractors have told me that it's just like Devil May Cry. Those who like it, tell me that it's just like Devil May Cry. I happen to be a fan of Devil May Cry, so if it's just like it, I'll be happy. Although, I'm more of a fan of DMC3 and 4 than the original, which I believe Hideki Kamiya was less involved in, yet he's the one who helmed Bayonetta. So, I'm almost after it just to find out how it plays. Odd feeling, that.



Mass Effect 2

Yet another game that's been released, but I'm unable to play. Probably a huge surprise that it's featured on here to people who know me as well. This is the sort of game that I actually could lose a few days if not weeks to, so there's the possibility that I'm going to wait until summer until I can truly spare the time to focus on it. Again, it's another one I've been looking forward to for a while, only this time I know more or less what to expect, what I'm able to do and so on and so forth, but because I'm just a massive nerd for all things BioWare, I seriously crave this.



Ace Combat: Joint Assault

The only portable game in this update, and also the first one that isn't actually released yet. I find it hard not to be a fan of Ace Combat, it's one of the few games I know that I could honestly describe as epic. It's also one of the very few Namco games I don't get disappointed by. I've been playing through Skies of Deception lately, the first PSP one, and on a gameplay level, I'm pretty sure I prefer it to Fires of Liberation, the most recent console entry, which is obviously going to be superior on pretty much everything else. With Joint Assault though, Namco seem to be utilising the PSPs potential as a multiplayer system, like with how Monster Hunter works. Up to four players can play in a campaign this time, with everyone's performance effecting what the mission outlines are for the other players. It does seem like the sort of game that has to be played with others, which might be difficult for me, but I think I'm already sold on the idea.


Lost Planet 2

Out of the people I know, not many have played Lost Planet, and those who have weren't too keen on it. I really enjoyed it, apart from the multiplayer aspect of it. Lost Planet 2, however, has co-op added to it, rather than simply being limited to deathmatch. The main attraction though is the sheer size of Akrid this time, with the demo featuring one that you actually had to go inside of to kill, shooting up it's insides as you progress through to... other parts of it. And that was just for the demo! I've got to wonder what will feature later on. I'm pretty sure it's going to be more enjoyable than the original, so it should be a solid game at any rate.



Super Street Fighter 4

I'm not actually sure if I need to explain why I want to play this, or if I know how to put it into words. I'm a solid fan of the series, I've even got to the extent of preordering it, which is an all too rare thing for me. I believe the last game I preordered was Pokemon Red, in a Woolworths. While I don't think I'm that great at the game, I've always come back to it, and I've always enjoyed it. With the addition of Street Fighter 3 characters, I'm very interested in seeing how they adapt to the system in 4, especially as one of them was the main character I used in 3, and have already decided to use in 4, just because I like how the character plays so much. I could easily ramble for a considerable amount of time about this, and already feel like I'm reaching for excuses to justify it, but I simply cannot wait for this game.



No comments:

Post a Comment