Wednesday 1 September 2010

Counting sheep


If there's one RPG series I can claim to like, with little doubt, it's the Persona series. For some reason, an RPG set around a coming of age style story for a bunch of teens just held appeal for me. Especially when mixed in with the occult, to some pretty funky music. I honestly don't know why, as typing that could made me realise it sounds pretty damn awful. Almost like Buffy the Vampire Slayer really.

In any case, when I found that the Persona team was working on a more "adult" title, my interest was at least a little piqued. Having seen the trailer, I'm almost sold on the title already. Going by the name Catherine, the game is about a dream. For some reason, people in the dream look like sheep, and if they die in the dream, they die in real life. Taking the lead is Vincent, a salaryman with no drive in his life, who meets someone who claims to not have died in the dream, but to have killed in it. There's also some kind of seductress, who is most likely related to Vincent being continually caught in the dreams every night.

Design and music wise, it's quite clearly related to Persona. But as for the game itself, from the small glimpses of actual ingame footage shown in the trailer, it appears to be some form of platformer. I'm certainly intrigued. The trailer can be seen on the official site, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment