Wednesday 21 September 2011

Tokyo Game Show



Recently, I made a trip to the Tokyo Game Show. It's a yearly event, and open to the public on certain days. I've been eager to visit to many years, and as I'm in Japan for the time being, it seemed as good an oppurtunity as any, especially as there were a handful of games I wanted to check out.

Unfortunately, the actual amount of games I was able to play was a lot less than I'd have liked. Admittedly, the vast majority of these were all by Capcom, but with around an hour to wait for each game, I had to prioritise. As much as I'd have liked to play Dragon's Dogma, the queue for that dwarfed the one for Capcom's merchandise stall, which in turn dwarfed several of the ones are Square-Enix's booth. Kudos to Capcom, certainly, but I could only watch from the sidelines.

Of course, one of the games that I made absolute priority to play, regardless of wait, was Street Fighter X Tekken. Even before the release of Marvel vs Capcom 3, I'd been more hyped about SFxT, mainly because Yoshinori Ono was in charge. Almost purely because of my love for Street Fighter 4, I have a lot of faith in the man, and SFxT did not disappoint, thankfully. I did only get two matches, due to time constraints, but I was very pleased overall.

Other titles I tried were the latest Dragon Ball game, the Puyo Puyo Anniversary on 3DS, which is a console which I really dont like all that much and... that was possibly it. I think the main focus of the day was watching trailers and being impressed at booths.

If I ever get the chance to go again, I'll need to be a bit more focused!

No comments:

Post a Comment