Wednesday 17 June 2009

Nuns with guns

Those who know me will most likely know that I like figures. Others will no doubt be aware that I also like fighting games. Issues arise when these two interests are combined. Especially when there are multiple things. Pricey things.

I was doing my usual trawl of the internet, when I became aware that there's a figure of my favourite character from Tsukihime and Melty Blood, Ciel. As it was only a thumbnail, I had to have a closer look.




I'm really tempted with it. It's not too often that there's merchandise of her in that outfit. Or with glasses. Both of which are integral parts of the character! Maybe. But anyway, it's manufactured by enterbrain, who seem to make quite a few models of Type-Moon characters, usually in high quality, usually expensive. This particular one is a rather fetching £60, way over the limit I try to stick to.

It doesn't quite end here though. Because of the accursed 'related products' section of the site, I became away that the same sculptor has made an alternate version of this Ciel. Different outfit, similar pose.




Again, it's another one that I really like. Admittedly I already have a figure of her in this outfit, also with the oversized stake cannon, but this is really nice. Unfortunately, it's also the same price. Ideally I'd like to go for both, but I know that's a bad idea. Ideally I'd have lots of money to afford such things too but that's not the situation.

Sometimes, I think I have a bad choice of hobbies.

1 comment: