Friday 26 June 2009

Unite!



Well, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is now released, and at the risk of making this a Monster Hunter related blog, I've decided to do a brief follow up with my impressions of the finished product.

Firstly, I absolutely love the Felyne companions. My interest about this edition was sparked by the possibility of having someone adventuring with me, mostly as I know very few people who play the game. So, I'm currently being assisted by a little cat called Jet, who loves weapons according to his profile.

Secondly, one feature I wasn't aware of before was the option of installing data to the PSP to cut down on load times and by extension, battery life. For a portable, that's a pretty awesome idea. It wasn't a particularly large install either, weighing in at around 560MB. Although as my memory stick is a measly 1GB, I'm considering an upgrade.

Now that I've given the Felyne companions a proper go, and the addition of installation, I can't help but think that MHFU is something more than just an expansion, as those two features really add a lot to it. Otherwise, it's business as usual, I haven't really progressed far enough to see the new content.

I'm certainly excited about the prospect though!

No comments:

Post a Comment